= Summary =
Subscribe2 provides a comprehensive subscription management and email notification system for WordPress blogs that sends email notifications to a list of subscribers when you publish new content to your blog.
= Email =
Email notifications can be sent on a per-post basis or periodically in a Digest email. Additionally, certain categories can be excluded from inclusion in the notification and posts can be excluded on an individual basis by setting a custom field.
= Subscriptions =
Subscription requests allows users to publicly subscribe (Public Subscribers) by submitting their email address in an easy to use form or to register with your blog (Registered Users) which enables greater flexibility over the email content for per-post notifications for the subscriber. Admins are given control over the presentation of the email notifications, can bulk manage subscriptions for users and manually send email notices to subscribers.
The format of the email can also be customised for per-post notifications, Subscribe2 can generate emails for each of the following formats:
- plaintext excerpt.
- plaintext full post (Registered Users only).
- HTML excerpt (Registered Users only).
- HTML full post (Registered Users only).
If you want to send full content HTML emails to Public Subscribers too then upgrade to Subscribe2 HTML.
= AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION =
- Log in to your ClassicPress site and visit the Plugins page.
- Click the Add New button and select the ‘Upload’ method.
- Upload the Subscribe2-for-cp.zip file from your computer and click the ‘Install Now’ button. Then activate the plugin.
- Visit the “Subscribe2 -> Settings” menu and configure the options to taste, including the email template.
- Visit the “Subscribe2 -> Subscribers” menu and manually subscribe people as you see fit with due consideration to privacy.
- Create a Page to display the subscription form. When creating the page, you may click the “S2” button on the QuickBar to automatically insert the Subscribe2 token. Or, if you prefer, you may manually insert the Subscribe2 shortcode or token: [subscribe2] or the HTML invisible
<!--subscribe2-->Ensure the token is on a line by itself and that it has a blank line above and below.
This token will automatically be replaced by dynamic subscription information and will display all forms and messages as necessary.
- In the WordPress “Settings” area for Subscribe2 select the page name in the “Appearance” section that of the WordPress page created in step 7.
= MANUAL INSTALLATION =
- Using FTP software copy the entire /subscribe2-for-cp/ directory into your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Log in to your WordPress blog and visit the Plugins page.
- Activate the Subscribe2 HTML plugin.
- Complete step 4 and onwards in the instruction list above.
See complete changelog installed in the same folder as this readme.